Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fat Tuesday

I've been at a slight loss as to what to post lately. I've been contemplating a few different ideas, but I think I shall go with the most obvious one today.

Today is "Fat Tuesday." I have never really indulged in the over eating, the King Cake, or the overall binge that tends to accompany this day. I've never really liked this day because I am focused on the day after that. Ash Wednesday. Like I said in a previous post, I am a bad Catholic in that I really don't like the season of Lent. In fact, I dread it every year and it comes solely from a food point of view. For those of you not familiar, during Lent, we as Catholics, give up meat on Ash Wednesday and every Friday during the season. I've mentioned that I am an extremely picky eater and quite frankly, I hate fish. And I have problems finding filling meals that are also budget friendly. I would love to be able to buy crab and lobster to make so wonderful seafood dishes every week, but it just isn't prudent. And I don't really have many seafood recipes in my repertoire.

So now I am trying to re-train my thinking about food and Lent. In previous years I would eat a lot of pasta with awesomely cheesey sauces and thanks to Pinterest (seriously heart it like whoa!) I have found some lower fat, healthier versions of alfredo along with some great new seafood recipes. I will post pictures and links to the recipe as I try them out. Now I just have to remember not to eat meat...Wish me luck!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment