Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Goals for Myself

It has been a week since I posted last and I got a friendly little nudge from one of my friends telling me that she was patiently waiting for the next post. Honestly, I've been a little distracted this week from the blog and busy at work. I am proud that even though this week has been tough emotionally I have stuck to my guns. I've been eating better and I haven't really been eating out (at this point, whatever I cook is going to be better than eating out). I went to TRX Bootcamp yesterday and am going to my sculpting class tomorrow.

I've been working on my list of goals and I think I have come up with things that will really help me make good habits. I am hoping the "1 week-ers" will force me to do it and then it will just become normal and I will continue on. Let me know if you have any additions for me! So, here I go.

  1. Eat breakfast at home all week
  2. Take my lunch to work all week + #1
  3. Cook dinner every night + #1 and #2
  4. Include fruits and/or vegetables in each meal
  5. DRINK WATER! (Remembering my water bottle is imperative here. Not so good at that yet.)
  6. Drink only 1 non-water drink per day for 1 week
  7. Drink only water for 1 week
  8. Attend TRX (without skipping) for 2 months
  9. Incorporate exercise into my week 3x a week
And I can go ahead and cross #1 off my list. Yay!
  1. Eat breakfast at home all week
I am going on almost 2 weeks of breakfast at home! I went to Subway for a free breakfast on Monday, but it was a healthy, flat bread sandwich with egg white, half a slice of provolone, a strip of bacon and a slice of cucumber. It was good.

I am still trying to find some ways to switch up the breakfast routine so it isn't just cereal everyday and I saw the Jimmy Dean Delights turkey sausage muffin in the freezer section. It was actually pretty good and only 260 calories. I'm going to look around and see what other kind of selections they have. Wish me luck!

Amy <3



3 comments:

  1. Some healthy breakfast ideas we use are:

    English muffin, a scrambled egg, and a piece of cheese. Toast your muffin, microwave the egg, place egg on muffin, top with cheese and melt until gooey. :)

    Whole wheat bagel with a little bit of peanut butter and cinnamon.

    Homemade smoothie made with various fruits, veggies, milk or yogurt, etc.

    Homemade yogurt parfait with granola and fresh fruit.

    Scrambled eggs with various veggies. We cut everything up the night before and it takes about 5-10 minutes in the morning.

    Muffins made with whole wheat flour and you can add in some pureed fruits/veggies for extra nutrition but without altering the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of these sound great! Thanks for the tips!

      Delete
  2. I'm always a sucker for oatmeal in the morning. The good steel cut oat kind with a little vanilla, cinnamon, dash of nutmeg and just a little brown sugar. If it's not sweet enough, I use Truvia. Sometimes I throw some nuts or dried fruit in and it's even better. I also eat 1/2 grapefruit with my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete